Thank you for subscribing to askSlim.com.
Many e-mail and Internet companies are now using programs to block unwanted e-mail, often called spam. Sometimes, however, these programs block e-mail you actually want to get.
To Make Sure You’re Receiving our Emails Do The Following:
Be sure to add the corresponding askSlim.com email addresses to your email white list. That way you will receive our emails with our content and updates!
A whitelist is a list of accepted items or persons in a list…. a list of e-mail addresses or domain names from which an e-mail blocking program will allow messages to be received.
Why is this so important?
Unsolicited, unwanted advertising e-mail, commonly known as “spam”, has become a big problem. It’s reached such proportions that most e-mail services and Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have put some sort of blocking or filtering system in place or begun relying on self-proclaimed blacklists to tell the good guys from the bad.
But everyone agrees that the current systems for stopping spam are far from a perfect solution. They often block e-mail that you actually want, but that fits somebody’s idea of what spam looks like. The more responsible anti-spam activists are working hard to cut down on these “false positives”, but in the mean time, you might unexpectedly find you’re not getting our emails…
As it happens, there’s something you can do to keep your subscription’s content from falling into the false positive trap. You can fight the blacklists with a “white-list”.
White-list us now, before your delivery is interrupted.
Of course, every e-mail system is different. Below are instructions for some of the more popular ones. If yours isn’t here, please contact your ISP’s customer service folks for their instructions. (Forward the answer to us, and we might add it!)
If you’re using some sort of spam filtering or blocking software yourself (in addition to what your ISP provides), we’ve also listed instructions on how to exempt your subscription from some of the more popular of those programs.
1. In your inbox, locate an email from askSlim.com
2. Drag this email to the “primary” tab of your inbox.
3. You’ll see that our emails will go to your primary folder in the future!
When opening an email message, a “+” symbol should display next to From: and the sender’s name. Select this and an “Add to contacts” pop-up should appear. Select “Save”
1. Select “Mail” from the top menu.
2. Then select “Preferences”
3. In the “Preferences” window, click the “Rules” icon.
4. Click the “Add Rule” button.
5. In the “Rules” window, type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
6. Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
7. Type the sender’s email address in the text field beside “Contains.”
8. Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus.Click “Ok” to save the rule.
2003 & Later
1. Right-click on the message in your inbox.
2. Select “Junk E-mail” from the menu.
3. Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.” or click “Never Block Sender”
To make sure email gets delivered to your AOL inbox, you must add the email address or corporate domain of the sender to your Address Book or Custom Sender List.
Click the Spam Controls link on the lower right side of your inbox screen.
When the Mail & Spam Controls box appears, click the Custom Sender list link.
Choose the Allow email from … (Sender) option.
Then click Add.